Job Ref: 13741 | Trowbridge
Area Operations Manager – South Wiltshire
£60k + Car Allowance
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Operations Manager to join our team and be responsible for a portfolio of homes within South Wiltshire, as designated by the Assistant Operations Director. The post holder will ensure the highest possible outcomes for our residents, through effective operational management and professional input at senior management level.
A fundamental part of the role will be the promotion of resident well-being, through a philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment within a policy of managed risk taking.
- Ensure that the management of each home best promotes the need and choices of the residents in their care, by regular planned reviews, assessments and formulation of care plans for all users of the services in liaison with other professional workers.
- To lead, direct, and supervise a group of Home Managers providing a network of services which can respond flexibly to the needs of residents as individuals.
- Responsible for advising and driving on occupancy issues within designated homes, including liaising with Care Managers, Social Services, and families where necessary.
- To conduct regular visits within designated Homes, conduct audits and inspections to ensure that all Homes consistently meet with legislator compliance standards.
- To be responsible for and ensure that budgetary and occupancy controls of the Homes are maintained in accordance with financial guidelines and budget limits.
- Support sites with quality recruitment and the retention of colleagues, undertake employee supervision, personal development reviews and staff meetings.
- Ensure mandatory training requirements are met in the homes for which you are responsible.
You will have:
- Diploma level 5 in care or equivalent management qualification
- Experience of multi-site management of care homes or health units
- Experience or working within policies and procedures and CQC legislation.
- Advanced clinical knowledge and skills, with ability to manage complex clinical and operational situations
- In depth knowledge of the Care standards Act, National Minimum standards and nursing code of practise.
- Budget management experience within strict legislative and financial constraints
- A working knowledge in effective control of performance targets: occupancy, agency usage and labour turnover.
- Experience working within self-funding care settings.
- A positive communicator, able to work under pressure and manage change.
- Ideally be a RGN / RMN and currently registered with NMC.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- “My Rewards” giving us discount on shopping, holidays, days out and much more.
This is a great time to join The Trust, there’s energy and commitment to develop and grow and you are key to making this happen. You will help shape and deliver a strategy that supports our ambition of being the leading care provider, creating places where people love to live and work.
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Sunday, 2nd June - 2019 22:55