Job Ref: 13008 | Stroud
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
Salary: £9.44 - £9.74
Hours of work: 40
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing. As a charity we ensure that any revenue goes straight back into our homes meaning our residents and staff are well looked after.
Southfield is a 34 bed residential Home within ½ mile of Stroud town centre, thus connected to all forms of public transport. Its recently refurbed environment ensure that residents are comfortable and have all they require. This includes care being given by the committed and sensitive care team. You will not be disappointed by your first impressions of Southfield.
We are now looking to recruit a Chef to join our new team!
As the Chef you will oversee all aspects of the kitchen and catering services including the management of the cooks and kitchen assistants.
You will be accountable for providing a catering service for the Home and where necessary the provision of meals for other day centres, luncheon clubs and community meals.
Nutrition is an important element of the care package that we provide. You will be actively involved in the nutritional needs of the Residents and ensure that a high quality dining experience is received by everyone.
You will accommodate and respect the individual needs of Residents in line with both their care plans and personal preferences.
You will get to know the residents and build relationships with them along with their families. This position is an integral member of the team within the Home.
Alternate weekend working will be required.
As an important member of our team we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your new role. We can also offer benefits such as:
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Comprehensive induction
- Ongoing training in care
- Training in specialism such as dementia
- Employee annual reward and recognition
- Long service rewards and recognition
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- “My Reward” giving you discount on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more!
- Refer a friend to the Trust rewards
Requirements for the Role:
For this role you must:
- Previous experience working in a kitchen providing meals for large numbers.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership or equivalent
- Knowledge of Menu Planning, for special diets such as diabetes, celiac, low fat and
- Food Hygiene Regulations.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to support the Home Manager in creating and maintaining a high level of care and service, we would love to hear from you!
|Hours per week:||40|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Thursday, 28th March - 2019 23:55