Job Ref: 13829 | Corsham
Handy Person / Maintenance
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
Hours of work: 38
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing. As a charity we ensure that any revenue goes straight back into our homes meaning our residents and staff are well looked after.
Hungerford house is situated in the residential area of Corsham, close to several local shops and roughly a mile from the town.
The home offers residential care for up to 49 residents.
We are currently looking to recruit a Handy Person / Maintenance.
Our dedicated maintenance employees ensure that our homes are kept well maintained and safe, completing all the relevant health and safety checks.
As the Handy Person you will take pride in the environment that you maintain, including the surrounding gardens.
You will get to know our residents and their families, and you will let them get involved in helping you to maintain their home.
The maintenance schedules include key tasks such as the maintenance of heating and lighting, the overall fabric of the building, and regular checks on the boiler and water systems.
As an important member of our team we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your new role. We can also offer benefits such as:
- Company Pension Scheme
- 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Opportunity for career development
- Uniform provided
- Cost of DBS check
- Employee annual reward and recognition
- Long service rewards and recognition
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- “My Reward” giving you discount on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more!
- Refer a friend to the Trust rewards
Requirements for the Role:
- Previous experience in a similar role where practical skills are a requirement.
- Previous training in carpentry or experience in a role such as a caretaker or carpenter is desirable but not essential
If you feel you have the skills and experience to support the Home Manager in creating and maintaining a high level of care and service, we would love to hear from you!
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Potential Interview Date 1:||Friday, 1st February 2019|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Friday, 24th May - 2019 22:55