Job Ref: 12714 | Cheltenham
Head Nurse - Maternity Cover 12 Month contract
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing.
Grevill House/Ashley Unit is a 50 bed Nursing/Residential home attached to a 15 bed Intermediate care facility, located in within a short walk of Charlton Kings, a suburb of Cheltenham. Grevill House is a well established care home which have forged strong community links to ensure a transparent approach to living and working within a care home. The Home Manager who ensures that all staff are well supported to achieve their own developmental aspirations. The Ashley Unit provides an invaluable rehabilitation service that enables residents to be reskilled and relocate back to their own homes. This purpose built building provides a supportive environment for residents and the team alike.
As you will be a key member of OSJCT we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your role. You can also expect benefits such as:
· Support and training with your continual professional development.
· Career development and progression.
· 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Company Pension Scheme.
· Free Uniform.
· Renewal of PIN paid for by OSJCT.
The Purpose of the Head Nurse ( RGN / RMN ) is to support the Home Manager with the management and running of the home with emphasis on Clinical Nursing Leadership.
Duties of the Head Nurse ( RGN / RMN may include but are not restricted to:
· Day to day management and allocation of duties to all nursing and care staff.
· To proactively lead and motivate your team, ensuring residents privacy, dignity, choice and safety is everyone’s main priority.
· To provide, support and train excellence in clinical practice.
· To be responsible for and ensuring high levels of care are given and maintained at all times.
· To take responsibility for Safeguarding of adults under your care.
· To do initial assessments for potential new residents.
· To work with residents and their families to devise suitable care plans.
· To ensure all medications, including controlled drugs are ordered, stored, administered, documents and disposed of correctly.
· To deputise in the Managers absence.
· To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
For this role you must have:
· A Nurse Qualification either RGN or RMN and currently be registered with the NMC.
· Knowledge of regulatory frameworks relating to Care Homes.
· Previous leadership or management practice.
· Ability to motivate and lead a team.
|Contract Type:||Fixed term|
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Sunday, 17th March - 2019 23:55