Job Ref: 14712 | Thornbury
Head of Dementia Care
Location: Grace Care Centre
Hours of work: Full Time
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing. As a charity we ensure that any revenue goes straight back into our homes meaning our residents and staff are well looked after.
The Grace Care Centre is a state of the art 70 bed specialist dementia care centre, offering the opportunity for residents to live in luxury surroundings, with experienced care professionals on hand 24 hours a day, seven days a week and we are working with the University of Sterling Dementia Services Centre and DSDC to ensure we meet their Gold Standard in dementia design.
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Dementia Care
This will be an integral role in our new Care Centre you will be part of the management team, responsible for leading, managing and supporting your care team ensuring they are providing high quality dementia care and service to all residents at all times.
You’ll play a key part with care delivery in the home, ensuring care plans are regularly reviewed through continuous assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of residents care.
You will take an active part in engaging with residents to understand their lifestyle choices at a level and pace that values the individual and respects their dignity and communication differences.
You will lead in promoting the Dementia strategy, colleague awareness and training and evidence based practice in Dementia care.
Benefits of Working for OSJCT:
As you will be a key member of OSJCT we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your role. You can also expect benefits such as:
- Support with your continual professional development
- Company pension scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Access to internal and external training
- Access to ‘My Rewards’ giving you discounts on shopping, days out, holidays and much more!
Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum 2 years full-time or equivalent work in a care setting with older people at a supervisory level.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within a dementia setting.
- Sound knowledge of the signs and symptoms of dementia and use of appropriate assessments and charts
- Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent (or is willing to work towards).
- Level 3 Certificate in Dementia Care or equivalent.
- Have undertaken the ‘Step Inside’ Dementia Training course.
- Certificate in understanding of Distress in Dementia.
- Certificate in Living Well with Dementia.
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Potential Interview Date 1:||Thursday, 25th July 2019|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Saturday, 20th July - 2019 22:55