Job Ref: 11767 | Oxford
We’re one of the largest not for profit care provider in the UK, specialising in providing high quality, person-centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing nationwide.
At OSJCT we care about our residents and we care about each other. Because we’re a not for profit trust, we invest every penny we make in the people who live in our homes and the people who work here too. This means better quality care and lovely homes for our residents, along with competitive wages and great training and development for our people.
We provide outstanding care, working closely with leading experts on dementia and elderly care. And we’re currently modernising our portfolio of care homes – refurbishing our existing homes and moving into new, inspiring, contemporary care homes too.
As we expand nationwide, we need more people with the right mix of skills, passion and ambition to help us grow even more.
The Orders of St John Care Trust is currently looking for an experienced Head of Volunteering to lead on the strategic development and expansion of the volunteer programme at OSJCT. To develop a coherent and sustainable volunteer programme within OSJCT by building relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
More about the role:
- To lead on strategic plans to grow the volunteer programme, working collaboratively with senior colleagues in other departments
- To lead the Volunteer and Events Managers as business partners, working closely with stakeholders to develop volunteering that supports their business objectives.
- To continue growing the profile of volunteering in the Trust, making the most of every opportunity to attract and engage with key people both internally and externally
- To ensure the Trust has a flexible and innovative suite of volunteer roles and projects which appeal to a broad range of potential volunteers, add value and support the Trust’s strategic objectives.
- Take overall accountability for the recruitment, induction and training of volunteers
- To ensure volunteers access relevant training to their role, in a relevant and cost-effective way and ensure compliance on mandatory training in partnership with L&D.
- Build special relationships with the Order of Malta and the Venerable Order to promote and build their volunteers.
- To ensure OSJCT is represented as a key volunteer involving organisation through membership and engagement with our professional bodies (AVM and NCVO).
- To develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Trust, to ensure that volunteering is fully integrated into the organisations culture and an integral part of the corporate plan
- To plan and manage an annual calendar of PR activity to promote and celebrate volunteering at OSJCT working in partnership with Marketing to leverage the positive news stories around volunteers and volunteering.
- To manage the volunteering and events budget ensuring the department is cost effective.
- To take overall accountability for the Volunteer management system Assemble, and safeguarding the personal data of all volunteers
- Ensure that volunteering KPIs (time into post, conversion rates) and monitored and action taken to ensure they are reached.
- This role has 4 direct reports. Also responsible for volunteers across the organisation
More about you
The successful person will have previous experience of working within Volunteer Management in a leadership role; able to set strategies and drive through change; positively finding ways of meeting organisational objectives in times of change and challenging circumstances.
We can be flexible where this role is based as we have regional offices in Witney (HQ), Gloucester, Trowbridge and Lincoln but you must be able to travel across all four regions on a regular basis; building relationships with the volunteer network, partnering with operational stakeholders and managing your team.
In return you will benefit from:
- Car allowance £500/month
- Contributary company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- ‘My Rewards ‘scheme giving you discount on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more!
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Basic|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Thursday, 31st January - 2019 23:55