Job Ref: 12535 | Oxford
A great opportunity has arisen in our Trust and we are now recruiting an experienced and motivated Property Surveyor to join our team. The successful candidate will manage the delivery of a comprehensive property maintenance and management service to the Trust’s care homes and Extra Care Housing schemes mainly in Oxfordshire, and across the Trust in other counties on a few occasions.
As a Property Surveyor, you will:
- Undertake annual Assessed Needs Surveys covering the main buildings and outbuildings. Carry out stock condition appraisals of the external and internal building fabric, service systems and external works taking into account statutory and non-statutory regulations and best practice guidance.
- Assist in the preparation and control of property management and investment budgets, as well as undertake the management of any County Craftsmen, including agreeing, organising and managing their workload. Regularly report on their workload, as well as consultant surveyors, engineers or other specialists, including reporting on their performance.
- In conjunction with the Operations team, you will agree the scope of building works to be undertaken and prepare tender documentation, as well as provide a responsive service to manage and implement day-to-day repairs and requests for minor improvements from the care homes.
- You will provide day-to-day supervision of works on site, instructing and agreeing variations to the work and undertaking quality control for the Trust to ensure works are undertaken to the highest industry standards.
- You will be expected to liaise with contractors at all levels, dealing with queries on a day to day basis, holding site meetings and taking minutes as appropriate, also prepare a monthly written report on the progress of all maintenance projects, capital and servicing works being undertaken.
- The successful candidate will also deliver the implementation of repairs and maintenance works in accordance with current legislation, including vetting contractors, approving risk assessments, method statements, monitoring site operations and the compilation of health and safety information for updating property manuals.
The proposed time for the interviews is on week-commencing 11/03/2019.
Should you think this is the right opportunity for you, please apply now.
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Potential Interview Date 1:||Monday, 11th March 2019|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Tuesday, 26th February - 2019 23:55