Job Ref: 11870 | Witney
We’re one of the largest not for profit care provider in the UK, specialising in providing high quality, person-centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing nationwide.
At OSJCT we care about our residents and we care about each other. Because we’re a not for profit trust, we invest every penny we make in the people who live in our homes and the people who work here too. This means better quality care and lovely homes for our residents, along with competitive wages and great training and development for our people.
We provide outstanding care, working closely with leading experts on dementia and elderly care. And we’re currently modernising our portfolio of care homes – refurbishing our existing homes and moving into new, inspiring, contemporary care homes too.
As we expand nationwide, we need more people with the right mix of skills, passion and ambition to help us grow even more.
The Orders of St John Care Trust is currently looking for a Regional HR Manager to lead the HR team within our Oxfordshire & Lincolnshire regions. Providing a proactive, commercially sensible and legally sound HR strategy and service, business partnering with the senior managers in these regions.
More about the role:
Through effective leadership, and professional HR input, guidance and challenge, this role will support the senior team to achieve the Trust’s goal of being employer of choice, which in turn will support delivery of the highest possible standard of care to our residents.
You will achieve this by:
- With the regions, develop HR plans that will attract, develop, engage and retain employees to run a successful operation and provide high standard of care. This will include challenging the norms and constructively challenging others to ensure continuous improvement, commercial astuteness and inspire the same in employees.
- Lead and manage complex people change projects as and when required such as new homes, home closures, TUPE transfers, re- organization/restructures, changing employment conditions, addressing specific homes performance issues.
- Work with the senior managers to develop succession plans and talent development programmes with Learning and Development support.
- Ensure the provision of effective, practical, accurate and up to date HR advice to senior leaders and managers across the Trust, in line with our Values, legislation, policies and practices and business commercial needs.
- Review and explore the quarterly HR MI pack with the senior managers and HR team on an agreed regular basis to agree key people areas and update HR plans as necessary.
- Work closely with other members of the function drive the People strategy, contributing to policy development, reward and recruitment initiatives. Provide feedback on the HR Hub services as needed.
- In conjunction with Management Development, build capability in our Home management teams to effectively lead and manage their employees addressing people relationship issues professionally.
- Manage any ACAS or Employment Tribunal cases in their regions, ensuring the outcomes are mitigated in terms of cost and resource, as far as is reasonably possible.
More about you
The successful person will be CIPD qualified and have previous experience of working within generalist HR in a leadership role; able to set strategies and drive through change; positively finding ways of meeting organisational objectives in times of change and challenging circumstances.
You will be experienced in designing and implementing people projects such as; restructuring; redundancy; TUPE etc. With a strong, up to date knowledge of employment law and best practice so can confidently deal with disciplinary and grievance matters and ET claims, including dealing with local Trade Union Representatives.
We can be flexible where this role is based as we have regional offices in Witney (HQ) and Lincoln but you must be able to travel across both regions on a regular basis; partnering with operational stakeholders and managing your team.
In return you will benefit from:
- Car allowance £500/month
- Contributary company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- ‘My Rewards ‘scheme giving you discount on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more!
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Thursday, 31st January - 2019 23:55