Job Ref: 14086 | Malmesbury
ATHELSTAN HOUSE, MALMESBURY**
FOR PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR PASSION FOR CARE
Days -£18.00 p/hr + 40p extra at weekends
Nights -£18.52 p/hr + 40p extra at weekends
How many of us can say that we make a real difference to peoples’ lives whilst continuing a diverse and rewarding career?
If you are passionate about providing quality care in a care home setting come and join our caring team at The Orders of St John Care Trust (OSJCT).
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing. As a charity we ensure that any revenue goes straight back into our homes meaning our residents and staff are well looked after.
Athelstan House is an 80 bed residential, dementia and nursing home within a mile of Malmsbury town centre, thus connected to all forms of public transport. It has a newly renovated dementia unit opening May 2019, offering specialised care and equipment to ensure that residents are comfortable and have all they require. This includes care being given by the committed and sensitive care team. You will not be disappointed by your first impressions of Athelstan House!
Nurses play a pivotal role within our nursing home settings. Our nurses will lead and support the care team to provide the highest quality care making critical decisions and leading on clinical issues within a person-centred care model. The role holds responsibility for the quality of nursing assessments, care planning, implementation and evaluation and associated care team training issues to ensure that at all times residents receive an excellent standard of care. Independent working will be part of the role.
As you will be a key member of OSJCT we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your role. You can also expect benefits such as:
- OSJCT will pay for your RCN online portfolio for your revalidation
- OSJCT will pay for the renewal of your NMC PIN
- Support with continual professional development
- Specialist internal and external training
- Opportunity for career development and leadership / management opportunities
- Nurse specific workshops, conferences and networking events
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent career development and leadership opportunities
- Service related annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Life assurance
- Paid breaks
- Uniforms and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check – free of charge
- Access to a professional employee helpline
- “Recruit a Friend” - employee referral scheme with £1000 reward for successfully introducing a Nurse to the Trust and £500 reward for all other roles
- ‘My Reward’ scheme, which gives you discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and more!
We’re one of the largest not for profit care provider in the UK, specialising in providing high quality, person-centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing nationwide.
At OSJCT we care about our residents and we care about each other. That means you’ll enjoy great career development working for an expanding organisation. Because we’re a not for profit trust, we invest every penny we make in the people who live in our homes and the people who work here too. This means better quality care and lovely homes for our residents, along with competitive wages and great training and development for our people.
We provide outstanding care, working closely with leading experts on dementia and elderly care. And we’re currently modernising our portfolio of care homes – refurbishing our existing homes and moving into new, inspiring, contemporary care homes too. As we expand nationwide, we need more people with the right mix of skills, passion and ambition to help us grow even more.
Interested? We look forward to hearing from you!
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Saturday, 23rd November - 2019 23:55