Job Ref: 12615 | Grantham
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY AT APPLE TREES!!
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Salary: £8.35 ( Plus Weekend Enhancement)
Hours of work: Full & Part Time shifts available
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing. As a charity we ensure that any revenue goes straight back into our homes meaning our residents and staff are well looked after.
Apple Trees is graded GOOD by CQC!
Apple Trees Care & Reablement Centre is located in a residential area on the outskirts of the historic Lincolnshire town of Grantham, close to local amenities.
This modern but homely care centre has been designed, decorated and furnished, from spacious bed-sitting rooms, with en suite facilities and all the latest technology, to the landscaped courtyard gardens, residents can enjoy the social activities going on every day, chat with friends in the Bistro, or find some peaceful relaxation in one of the comfortable lounges.
Care charity and provider The Orders of St John Care Trust are respected in the care sector for a flexible range of care provision, making the most of voluntary sector contributions to help vulnerable adults achieve a more dignified lifestyle.
We are now recruiting Support Worker’s to join our team!
Care is at the heart of everything that we do. Working within the Care team you will show warmth, compassion and support to our residents and their families; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
Support workers duties include but are not restricted to:
- Participate in the emotional and physical care of our residents ensuring as far as possible, a happy, stimulating and stable environment.
- Assisting with personal care
- Give care and support as defined in their plan of care.
- To support residents with particular disabilities, behavioural difficulties or vulnerabilities to overcome these.
- To act as a key carer to a number of members in the home.
- To participate in meaningful daily activities and outings for residents.
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Trust’s whistle blowing policy as required.
As a key member of the OSJCT Team you can expect benefits such as:
- Paid breaks
- Paid DBS
- Higher rate of pay at weekends
- Free Uniform
- Free Training
- Development and progression opportunities
- Overtime available
- “My Rewards” offering you discount on shopping, days out, restaurants and much more!
An NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care is essential.
This is a rewarding role full of moments that will make a huge difference to people’s lives. If you feel this may be for you then please apply below.
All candidates will be required to have an enhanced DBS which is on the update service. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
|Hours per week:||36|
|What level of DBS check?||Enhanced|
|Full Job Description:||Download Full Job Description|
Vacancy closing date: Monday, 25th February - 2019 23:55