There are many fantastic advantages of working with OSJCT – excellent career development; a generous benefits package; flexible working; a warm, vibrant culture and heartfelt values that put residents firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Our career development:
We want you to love working with us and we hope you’ll want to stay. So from your very first day, we’ll provide you with regular training and consistent career development.
We know you can give your best when you feel supported, motivated and happy in your work. So we’ll give you all the help you need to take the best care of our residents, while also supporting your professional development.
As well as receiving regular support from your manager, you’ll also benefit from our extensive professional support services, which now include a dedicated ‘Training and Talent Management’ team who focus on every individual’s development. And with us backing you all the way, you can show us just what you’re capable of.
The career development we provide includes three main benefits:
- access to continuous professional development (CPD) and training diploma with nationally recognised professional qualifications, including Apprenticeships in health and social care.
- regular performance development reviews – the opportunity to grow and think about what you want now, and in the future
- recognition for your great work through our employee award schemes and ceremonies
And if you work in one of our care homes, we offer these additional benefits too:
- Comprehensive induction, including the Care Certificate
- Paid-for uniforms
- Paid-for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check
Our Nurses are also offered full funding of their PIN, continued professional development days and support with revalidation.
Our rewards and benefits for everyone
A great advantage of being a large organisation is that we can offer competitive pay and generous benefits to reward you for taking such good care of our residents. Here’s an overview of the main benefits you get while working at OSJCT:
- Excellent career development and leadership opportunities
- Access to specialist internal and external training
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction (including the Care Certificate)
- Regular pay enhancements for recognised qualifications
- Flexible hours to suit you – full or part time
- Opportunity to work towards QCF nationally accredited, (e.g. in health and social care)
- Service related annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Life assurance
- Paid breaks
- Uniforms and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check – free of charge
- Competitive travel allowance
- Free car parking
- Access to a professional employee helpline
- “Recruit a Friend” - employee referral scheme with £1000 reward for successfully introducing a Nurse to the Trust and £500 reward for all other roles
- ‘My Reward’ scheme, which gives you discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and more!
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Relocation allowance (Nurses)
- Fully funded renewal of your NMC PIN (Nurses)
Our culture and values
At OSJCT we care about our residents and we care about each other. At each of our care homes, you’ll find a friendly, inclusive, welcoming environment. And binding all our 4000 employees together right up and down the country are OSJCT’s five heartfelt values. They guide the direction we take, the decisions we make and the way we behave all day, every day.
Here is a quick summary of our values, which you can also read in full at OSJCT values:
- Dedicated to caring – delivering the highest quality of care
- Empowering individuals – enabling our residents to live full lives and our employees to grow in their careers
- Respecting each other – treating residents and colleagues with respect, dignity and trust
- Promoting communities – creating an environment where relationships flourish, all things are possible and everyone can feel at home and part of a family
- Securing our future – so we can deliver care to the highest standards long into the future