25 employees from The Orders of St John Care Trust (OSJCT) have received a BASMOM award at a ceremony in London.
The Orders of St John Care Trust which operates 72 care homes is sponsored by The British Association of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and the venerable Order of St. John.
Established in 1920, the award (also known as the Order Pro Merito Melitensi) gives recognition to members of the community who have excelled in their field. It is mainly awarded to non-members of the Order of Malta, and is awarded regardless of religion.
Home Manager, Jamie Carter from Brookside, was nominated by OSJCT for his outstanding and inspirational leadership and management at Brookside.
“It’s very humbling to receive this award, especially when it’s being recognised for doing something that I simply enjoy doing. I know it sounds cliché, but coming into Brookside doesn’t feel like work; I enjoy spending my day with the residents, their relatives and my colleagues, and I can’t wait to see what else we will achieve in the coming months,” Jamie Carter said.
“The Order Pro Merito Melitensi is the Order of Malta’s order of merit. It exists so that we, as members of the Order, can acknowledge publicly and say thank you for outstanding service to the Order and to the Hospitaller works of the Order. The Orders of St. John Care Trust is the largest work of the Order in Great Britain and we are immensely proud of it and those who work so hard to make its homes amongst the best in the country,” explains James Pavey, who, as the Hospitaller of the Order of Malta in Britain, heads up its charitable works.
The awards were presented by the President of the Order’s British Association, Richard Fitzalan Howard, at a ceremony on Friday 22 June at the Order’s annual St John's Day Mass in the Brompton Oratory, London.
OSJCT recognises all colleagues for their dedication to the Trust, and commends them on their award.
- Claire Mandizha GLOUC Silver Westbury Court
- Kathy Farley OXON Silver Larkrise, Care Assistant
- Vivien Alexander WILTS Bronze Florence Court, Carer
- Olive Cowan WILTS Bronze Ridgeway House, Head Housekeeper
- Dawn Morris WILTS Bronze Buckland Court, Night Carer
- Rosemary Smith OXON Bronze Madley House Night Carer
- Melissa Sanchez OPS Silver Executive Assistant, Witney
- Sandra Buchanan OXON Bronze Stirlings, Housekeeper
- Louise Coombes GLOUC Silver Jubilee, Head of Care
- Sheila Ling GLOUC Bronze Paternoster, Bank Nurse
- Sue Strickland GLOUC Bronze Paternoster, Head Nurse
- Padmaja Surendralal GLOUC Bronze Monkscroft, Cook
- Jane Robinson LINCS Bronze Fosse, Carer/Night Carer
- Elizabeth Simpson LINCS Bronze Gregory, Carer
- Tracy Creek LINCS Bronze Southfield, Chef
- Louise Berg LINCS Silver Head of HR Transformation, Eyre Ct
- Veronica Bierlein LINCS Bronze Poplars, Sr. Carer
- Gayle Coupland LINCS Bronze Ermine, Sr. Carer
- Laura Allam LINCS Silver Head of Reward & Recog., Eyre Ct
- Jamie Carter WILTS Silver Brookside Home Manager
- Val Hedley WILTS Bronze Brookside, Carer
- Jackie Litwin WILTS Bronze Wiltshire LDA
- Sherrie Rebbeck WILTS Silver Hayward, Unit Leader
- Gemma Whately WILTS Silver Bemerton, Head of Care
- Catriona Jones GLOUC Silver Henlow, Head Nurse