Services offered: Residential Care Dementia Care Respite Care Day Care
Located around the lakes in South Cerney, The Lakes Care Centre offers compassionate, individualised residential, dementia, respite and day care for up to 64 residents in friendly and comfortable households.
In addition to the first-class care we provide, it's our wealth of facilities and activities that really stand out. The purpose-built home environment has been specifically designed to support the needs of older people and those with dementia, from aiding memory in day-to-day living and reminiscence therapy, to reinforcing personal identity and navigating the home. Carefully chosen artwork, soft furnishings and themed corridors have been selected that are of an era likely to be familiar to our residents or are of meaningful subjects such as music or crafts.
About the Home
This bright home features small households with eight bedrooms. Every household has its own comfortable beautifully furnished lounges and a kitchen dining area, with easy access to assisted bathrooms and themed cosy lounges at the end of each corridor.
Individual rooms are tastefully decorated with luxury fittings and furnishings. All rooms also have en-suite facilities, remote controlled colour television and a state-of-the-art nurse call system. A personal haven for each resident.
The four households within the home are:
For those that join us for day care they will be able to enjoy all of the facilities which include; an en-suite bedroom, our delicious home-cooked meals, daily activities and use of our jacuzzi bathrooms
Your New Home:
- A hairdressing salon
- A visiting doctor
- A visiting chiropodist
- Dedicated Activity Co-ordinators
- Freshly home-cooked meals
- A laundry service
- Monthly church services
- A gentlemen’s lounge
- Beautiful gardens with seating areas
- A coffee shop
- A cinema lounge
- Regular resident and relative forums
- Raised vegetable beds
A friendly, professionally trained team
A friendly, professionally trained team are on hand around the clock to give you the support you need when you need it. If you like to lead a fulfilling and independent lifestyle, we are here to help you, however you wish to spend your day. The team is composed of the Home Manager, Deputy Manager, Dementia Lead, Activities Co-ordinators, Carers, Admiral Nurse, Care Leads, Housekeeping Team, Chef and a Handy Person.
Watch our video to hear what a day at The Lakes Care Centre looks like and what would be available to you as a resident. The video introduces you to Mandi, the Home Manager, Jessica, the Deputy Home Manager and Chloe and Beky, our Activity Co-Ordinators.
We understand how important it is to have daily activities to take part in and enjoy.
Our dedicated Activities Co-ordinators organise a wide programme of events around each person’s requests, hobbies and interests. The team will be delighted to assist you to continue with existing hobbies, as well as give residents the opportunity to try something new.
They make sure everyone can enjoy themselves to the fullest, be that with arts and crafts, a coffee morning or more individual pursuits, and visits from outside entertainers.
Each resident receives one-to-one time with the Activity Co-ordinators and together they will work on your own personal activity plan and goals.
A typical daily activity schedule might include any of the following:
- Arts and crafts
- ‘Pat the dog’ – a visit from a trained dog
- Coffee morning
- 100th birthday party
- Manicure and massage
- Gents’ club
- Flower arranging
- Visiting musicians
- Visit from the Beavers
- Christmas party
- Summer fete
- Church service
- Mindsong (music therapy)
Community and Family Events
- Friday Coffee Morning: 10.30am – 12pm.
- Knit2gether: every Thursday 10.00am - 12.00pm. A group led yarn-based activity for all abilities.
- Care Home Open Day: Friday 28th June 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Summer Fayre: Saturday 22nd June 2:00 - 4:00pm
Book on to one of these events by emailing our home manager, Mandi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephoning 01285 702410.
Come and See Us
The best way to find out all that we can offer you or your loved one is to come along, have a chat and see for yourself. Do give us a call to make an appointment - we'll be delighted to welcome you.
We also organise regular events to meet potential residents. If you would like to join our mailing list to find out more about these, please sign-up to the monthly newsletter or follow us on Facebook.
How to find us
- The Lakes Care Centre is situated in South Cerney close to Cotswolds Water Park, south east of Cirencester. From the south-east direction take the A419 towards Cirencester and come off at the B4696 exit signposted to Ashton Keynes, South Cerney and Cerney Wick.
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto the B4696 Spine Road East and The Lakes Care Centre will be on your right just after the bridge over the Thames & Severn Canal, opposite the Cotswold Water Park Information Centre. We have an easily accessible car park on site.
- From the Gloucester direction take the A417 towards Cirencester and then onto the A419 towards Swindon. Exit at the B4696 turning to Ashton Keynes, South Cerney and Cerney Wick and follow signs as above.
What we offer
Regular visits by health professionals