Paying for Care
Unlike healthcare delivered in the NHS, residential and nursing care for older people is not free for everyone.
Exactly how much you might be asked to pay will depend on your individual circumstances and as a result, there are often many questions relating to Paying for Care.
Our Paying for Care guide is designed to help answer some important questions, for example:
- How much does Residential & Nursing Care cost?
- How does care home funding work?
- What are the national guidelines on the assessment of total capital assets?
- Where can I obtain good financial advice?
- How can I organise a Lasting Power of Attorney?
- What other organisations and charities offer helpful advice on funding residential care?
- What are the contractual terms and conditions of living in an OSJCT care home?