Meet our OSJCT People.
The people you see at our care homes are there day in, day out and we really value the commitment they have to their work. Our Home Managers lead dedicated, professional teams of friendly individuals to ensure that our residents receive the highest quality of care and support we can provide, in a homely environment.
The Home Managers are supported by a larger Operations Team. Our four Assistant Operations Directors lead a team of Area Operations Managers and Quality Compliance Managers. Alongside them, we have the Care Quality team who monitor and audit the standards of care in our homes and provide additional specialist services, for example our St John Admiral Nurses.
Behind the scenes we have equally professional and dedicated teams looking after our HR & Training, Development, Finance, Marketing & Communications, and IT. These teams are based at our Support Centre in Lincolnshire and our Operations Centre in Oxfordshire as well as at our regional offices in Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. Our Extra Care Housing (ECH) team is located in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
The Chief Executive and executive Directors oversee all the activities of the Trust.
The overall governance of the Trust is by a Board of Trustees, who work on a voluntary basis. They establish the values and strategic direction of the Trust and delegate the day to day running to the Chief Executive and Directors.
Our Trustees are:
- Don Wood, CBE – Chairman
Chair of Nominations Committee
Don joined OSJCT as a Trustee in 2007 and was appointed Chairman in 2013. He has extensive knowledge of the housing sector, having been a former Group Chief Executive of L&Q Housing Group and, subsequently, Executive Chairman of LHF (London Housing Foundation). He was appointed CBE in 2005 in recognition of his services to social housing.
- Millie Wentworth-Stanley, MA, LLM – Deputy Chairman
Member of the Nominations Committee and Oxfordshire County Trustee
Millie has been a Trustee since 2010 and was appointed Deputy Chairman in 2015. She is a qualified solicitor and worked for a large City of London law firm before setting up her own niche law practice in 1998. As well as being Deputy Chairman, Millie is the county Trustee for Oxfordshire and is a regular visitor to our homes there.
- Richard Fitzalan Howard – President of British Assoc. of the Sovereign Order of Malta (BASMOM)
Member of the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee
Richard joined the Board of Trustees in 2005. He is Chairman of an investment management company in London and was appointed President of the British Association of the Sovereign Order of Malta in 2013. Richard is a member of the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee, where his financial expertise is much valued. He is a great advocate of the Trust's work.
- The Earl Ferrers - Chair of the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee
The Earl Ferrers is Chair of the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee of Trustees, bringing to this role his wide financial experience as a Chartered Accountant and one the founders and former Managing Director of Ruffer, an investment management house in London. He continues as a non-executive director of the firm. In his younger days, he taught in Kenya under the CMS Youth Service Abroad Scheme and still retains an involvement with the school where he taught.
- Professor Claire Goodman, BSc, MSc, PhD, RN, DN, FQNI - Claire joined OSJCT in 2016. She is Professor of Health Care Research at the Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care at the University of Hertfordshire. A trained nurse, Claire has gained international renown for her work, which focuses on the care of older people with dementia. She has written several books, as well as many commissioned papers, articles and other publications.
- Jill Hughes - Member of the Nominations Committee and Lincolnshire County Trustee
Jill was appointed a Trustee in 2010, representing the Venerable Order of St John, and is a regular visitor to OSJCT homes in Lincolnshire. Jill works in publishing, is on the management team of the annual Lincoln Book Festival and is a trustee of LEAP (a young people’s housing and support project). She was High Sheriff of Lincolnshire 2016-17.
- Graham Hutton - Member of the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee
Graham became an OSJCT Trustee in 2015. He has many years of experience in the financial services industry, working for several prestigious investment banking houses before helping to found Hutton Collins in 2002. Graham is a member of the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee.
- Professor Jill Manthorpe - Jill has a long-standing interest in the care of older people. Her first graduate post in 1977 was with Age Concern and she has subsequently worked on a wide range of ageing related studies. She is currently Professor of Social Work at King's College London and Director of the Department of Health's Social Care Workforce Research Unit and also leads other research studies funded by a variety of public and charitable sources. Jill publishes widely in leading journals and the professional press.
- Dr Ralph Stephenson, TD, CStJ, MBBS, MRCS - Ralph studied medicine at King's College London and King's College Hospital. After working in Canada and Australia, with extensive travel in between, he came to Gloucester as an anaesthetist. He then settled as a GP in Stroud, Gloucestershire, whilst continuing to work as an anaesthetist at Stroud Hospital. He also served as the Regimental Surgeon to the Royal Wessex Yeomanry. He retired from general practice in 2009. Appointed as Trustee in 2010, Ralph is the OSJCT county Trustee for Gloucestershire and is very involved in many other county activities.
- Judy Wright, DStJ - Wiltshire County Trustee - Judy was appointed Trustee of OSJCT in 2015. She lives in London and has been involved on a voluntary basis with the work of the Venerable Order of St John for over 20 years. She has wide experience of marketing and advertising from her work with large multi-national companies and advertising agencies.
- Anne de Bono FRCGP FRCP FFOM - Medical Trustee - Anne was a general practitioner in Oxford and Edinburgh before training as a specialist in occupational medicine. She is now a consultant at the University Hospitals of Leicester, leading a large NHS Occupational Health Service for healthcare staff and students across Leicestershire and Rutland. From 2003-2016 she was chief medical officer for the BASMOM Lourdes pilgrimage.
- Tim Church - Tim retired in December 2016 as president of MIO Partners, Inc. which manages investment programmes for McKinsey & Co's current and former partners, as well as the firm's retirement plans. Tim joined McKinsey in 1991, to start and head up the European investment activity for the firm, taking over the running of the global activity in 1997. Prior to that, he was a director of Advent Ltd, a UK based venture capital firm. He qualified as a chartered accountant with Price Waterhouse in London and has an honours degree in Engineering Science from the University of Durham. Tim is Chairman of The HALO Trust and on the board of a number of other not for profit and investment related entities.
OSJCT has two Patrons, each representing one of our sponsoring Orders. They are:
- Field Marshal the Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank, GCB, LVO, OBE (representing the Order of Malta)
- Lt-Gen Louis Lillywhite, CB, MBE, OStJ, MFOM, FRCP(Glas), FRCGP (representing the Venerable Order of St John)
- The Very Rev Alec Knight, OBE – former Dean of Lincoln and representative of the Venerable Order of St John
- Fr. Edward Corbould – member of the monastic community at Ampleforth Abbey and representative of the Order of Malta.