Extra Care Housing
What is Extra Care Housing?
Extra Care Housing schemes, also known as assisted living, are made up of self-contained one or two-bedroom apartments, all carefully designed and built to help you live as independently as you can. With the ease of living paramount, all apartments have mobility standard kitchens with a built-in oven and hob, and en-suite bathrooms with walk-in showers where you can easily install grab rails.
What are the benefits of extra care housing?
There are several different benefits in choosing to live in extra care housing, these include:
- Couples and friends can stay together
- You have your own front door to come and go as you please
- Being safe and secure - access to communal areas and reception doors at night, access only through a residents’ electronic key fob
- Communal facilities where you can meet with your neighbours and friends if you want to
- Parking for a car, subject to availability
- Care teams on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Your own individual care package, which can be altered as your needs change
What care services are available?
Personal support services:
- Help to get dressed and undressed
- Assistance with bathing
- Help to get up and go to bed
- Assistance with eating and drinking
- Assistance with personal hygiene, going to the toilet and continence care
- Prompting, supervising or administering your medication
Practical care and support:
- Assistance with shopping
- Help with household tasks including bedmaking
- Preparation and cooking of meals
- Help with laundry and ironing
- Assistance to and from the on-site restaurant
- Help getting to medical appointments
- Support on how to stay safe
What is the extra care housing accommodation like?
Housing with Care schemes are made up of self-contained one or two-bedroom apartments, all carefully designed and built to help you live as independently as you can.
With ease of living paramount, all apartments have mobility standard kitchens, with built-in oven and hob, and en-suite bathrooms with walk-in showers, and you can easily install grab rails.
As all too often it’s the little things that can make the difference, all plug and aerial sockets are located higher off the ground than usual for easy access and in many developments front doors have letter-box cages so you don’t have to bend down to pick post off the floor.
Some apartments have balconies and winter gardens so you can get fresh air and keep gardening should you wish.
Best of all, the apartments all come unfurnished, meaning you can fill them with your favourite personal belongings to make them feel like home from the word go.
Why choose OSJCT extra care housing?
OSJCT is dedicated to people. Everything we do reflects our caring ethos, from our recruitment practices through to the care we deliver each and every day to the people living in extra care housing. This excellent care and high-quality service has been accredited by the National Care Forum, through its "Quality First" framework.
Our constant staff training, innovative practices and state of the art care delivery enable us to remain at the forefront of the sector as we recognise, review and value the evolving requirements and expectations of those living and working with us.
How we can help!
If you are interested in one of our services then feel free to get in touch and one of our friendly team members will be happy to help and answer any questions you may have.
Find a care home specialising in Extra Care Housing
Each of our homes has their own unique character - just like our residents, but what they all have in common is the OSJCT ethos of care, where the individual person is at the heart of everything we do.Find a Extra Care Housing home