The outstanding performances of employees across the county have been celebrated at The Orders of St John Care Trust’s annual Employee Awards ceremony, held on Thursday 2nd May 2019, at The Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa.
Over 90 guests attended our 2019 Employee Awards ceremony, an annual event which recognises care home and support team members for their work achievements.
Kerry Dearden, Deputy CEO, was our master of ceremonies and Dan Hayes, CEO, performed the opening address and Lucy Holl, Trust Operations Director, concluded the awards with the closing address.
Certificates were presented by Sue Lane, HR Director, to our employees who have achieved qualifications in: Business & Administration, Health & Social Care, Leadership Management of Care Services, NVQ in Housekeeping, NVQ in Kitchen Services, Diploma in Team Leading, Moving & Handling Trainer, and Care Certificate Mentoring.
This year’s awards were presented by Jill Hughes, Trustee and HM Deputy Lieutenant of Lincolnshire, to:
- Young Carer of the Year – Anne Courton, Digby Court
- Carer of the Year – Emily Grech, Digby Court
- Leader of the Year – Shelly Perry, Whitefriars
- Hospitality Award – Vanessa Burrows, Whitefriars
- Unsung Hero Award – Fosse House Team
- Activity Co-ordinator of the Year – Susan Mottram, Whitefriars
- Volunteer of the Year – Ann Brown, Ermine House
- Homes (Support) Employee of the Year – Lisa Lawlor, Gregory House
- Office (Support) Employee of the Year - Stuart Furnish, Eyre Court
- Newcomer of the Year – Nuti Miscoci, Boultham Park House
The Long Service Awards were presented by Don Wood CBE, Chairman of the Trustees. These included:
- Gill Cooch, Skirbeck Court
- Barbara Gilbert, Whitefriars
- Sarah Porter, Gregory House
- Jacqui Luke, Fosse House
The Nigel Stourton Employee of the Year Award was presented by Toby Dennis Esq, HM Lord-Lieutenant of Lincolnshire, to a team this year due to the sheer volume and outstanding quality of employee nominations for the home. The winner of this award is Boultham Park House.
Caroline Dunagan, Assistant Operations Director - Lincolnshire, said: “Our Teams play a critical role in providing our residents with the highest level of person centred care, and to value that contribution we bring them together to celebrate their successes. This special event gives us the opportunity to show gratitude for the commitment and hard work undertaken throughout the year, and above all making a true difference to our residents’ lives.”
Following the presentations, a buffet lunch was served and an opportunity to socialise with colleagues and enjoy this personalised and dedicated event.
Dan Hayes, Chief Executive at OSJCT, comments: "All our employees work very hard and are committed to reaching and maintaining the highest standard of care for our residents. The award ceremony provides special recognition to those instrumental to the Trusts achievements, made more special by the fact that they have been nominated by their colleagues. It is delightful to be able to celebrate individual successes together and I feel lucky to be associated with such wonderful people.”