Wiltshire Annual Employee Awards Ceremony 2017
More than 140 guests attended our 2017 Employee Awards ceremony, an annual event which recognises care home and support team members for their work achievements. This year’s event was held on Wednesday 24 May 2017 at Wellington Barn an exclusive venue located in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the heart of Wiltshire.
Sara Wright, Trust HR Director, was our master of ceremonies, Dan Hayes, Trust CEO performed the opening address and Kevin Hall, Operations Director, performed the closing address.
Certificates were presented by Don Wood, Chairman of OSJCT Trustee to our employees who have achieved qualifications in; Care Certificate Mentoring, Moving and Handling Trainer, Certificate in Dementia Care, Award in Awareness of Dementia, NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, Food Production & Cooking, Cleaning & Support Services.
OSJCT Care & Quality Accreditation Award
The Care Quality team undertake periodic reviews of specific care services and grant Trust Care and Quality Accreditation to those achieving the highest standards. Jo Blackburn, Care Director presented awards to; Bartlett House – Medicines Management & Florence Court – Infection Prevention & Control
The highlight of the event was the Wiltshire Oscars which recognise team members who have been nominated by residents, colleagues and visitors. The awards were presented by Lord Talbot of Malahide, Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Wiltshire. This year’s awards went to;
- Young Carer of the Year – Leah Blackwell, Bemerton Lodge
- Carer of the Year – Vivien Alexander, Florence Court
- Leader of the Year – Jamie Carter, Brookside
- Hospitality Award – Sally Reynolds, Watersmead
- Unsung Hero Award – Nicola Riggs and Sam Emm – Buckland Court
- Activity Coordinator of the Year – Gail Corby, Athelstan House
- Volunteer of the Year – Anne & Robin Hawkins, Ashwood Care Centre
- Office / Support Employee of the Year - Chris Sykes, Athelstan House
- Newcomer of the Year – Matthew Salisbury, Willowcroft
Following the presentations, a buffet lunch was served and an opportunity to socialise and enjoy the surrounding scenery.